Friday, March 4, 2011

Anyone out there?

I think I've finally realized that I'm much better at reading blogs, rather than posting to them! The whole uploading pictures thing....it's a lot of work at the end of the day! ;-) (okay I'm lazy)

Well, since my last post.....fast forward.....my kids are huge! Aidan is turning three in just under two weeks, and Miss. Georgia Mae is almost 1 1/2! Steve and I realized today that she is almost the age that Aidan was when we had her. EEK! Were we crazy!? Yes. We most certainly were. But, we survived, and I love our little family.

Speaking of ages.....

Can I make a prediction that 3 is not going to be my favorite age? Aidan is just shy of it and holy moly I think I'm in for a ride. That child will be the end of me, I'm convinced of it!

Can I also say that 1 is my FAVORITE age? Yes I can, and I will, because I need all the reminders of how wonderful it is, to get me through the 2's and 3's that will be here in no time. One is wonderful for so many reasons. First, my dear daughter thinks the world revolves around me (Whaaaat, it really doesn't?!!) ;-) And second, they are just so darn sweet at 1! There isn't much backtalk, or 'Go Away!!!" comments being slung my way. I so <3 age 1. I want to freeze my children there forever!

Oh, and a dear friend told me the other day that 5 is the magical age when kids become 'pleasers'. Oh, I like 5 already!!!

I'm trying to come up with something super duper cleaver to write about, since I haven't written on my blog in so long. Let me see. We just made it through Winter, and are headed into Spring. This means more outside time for me and the kids (yay!) and lots of planting in our near future. We have seedlings growing in little dixie cups on the kitchen counter, and plan to grow lots and lots of Organic veggies this summer. We've planted a cherry tree espalier, and over the weekend will have two BEAUTIFUL Magnolia tree's in the ground. I love gardening!! I think my kids do too! (atleast the get dirty and play in the mud part!)

This weekend is going to be a fun one for my little family. We're hitting up the farmer's market in the morning, stopping by my nephew's 4 year old soccer league game, and spending time with a sister who is in town from Florida. Aren't weekends the best!? Of course my hubby being home (and an extra set of hands around) is the best part!

I hope your weekend is great too!

<3 Keely

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment Keely, it really made my day. Sometimes when I do posts like those I wonder if anyone even cares or likes them so it's good to know that you do. Your family is darling, don't wish the little ones any older than they are because they'll grow too fast and you'll wish for the 2's and 3's all over again. Good luck with your garden!

    ReplyDelete